If you are considering buying a boat, or new to boating, visiting a boat show will greatly inspire you to sail further into the exciting world of boats and yachts.Whether you are new or old to boating, boating shows are a highly recommended event for all sun seekers and boat lovers!
Boat show offers a great opportunity for manufacturers and dealers to showcase the latest designs of boat and boating products.
It offers you the buyer, the avenue to view a wide range of what is available from multiple dealers and manufacturers, as well as compare prices.
It may offer you the rare opportunity of grabbing fantastic special offers and discounts on brand new boats as well as bringing you in direct contact with the best boat dealers in your region or from other countries.
Visiting Boat Shows
National and international boat exhibitions occur every year around the world.
The most notable, are the Miami International Boat Show, Toronto International Boat show, Fort Lauderdale international boat show – the world’s largest boat show, Cape Town international boat show, Sydney International Boat Show London boat show, Southampton boat show, St Petersburg boat show, Paris boat show, to mention but a few.
These annual events are a good opportunity to keep up with what the boating industry has to offer. Boat show reviews indicates that going to a boating show yields more dividend than ever expected.
Why you may not buy your boat at a show, you may end up getting very difficult to beat bargains on some show. While you stand to reap loads of benefits from boating shows, the following are useful tips to note when attending one:
- Book Your ticket online in advance for the event. If you are looking for bargains, book into the event during the afternoon session…you may save up to 70% on adult tickets. The London Boat show for example costs £14.00 before 4.00PM, and £6.00 there after.
- Go in with a camera, notebook and pen to take notes. A tape measure may be necessary to measure the length of the boat or waterline – remember, the longer the water line, the faster is the boat. Compare same boat with same boat at different dealer’s stand.
- Avoid buying on the first day. Try attending during the first day, but avoiding buying then, except you getting an extremely exceptional good deal. Prices are usually at the highest on the first day of event, though you may get some "throw in" bargains that day too. Prices are cheaper from the mid point of the show, and best mostly on the last day…you may however find out that a few items may have run out of exhibition price if you do not go on time.
- Discuss at length with boat makers you meet in a show, and ask about the peculiarities of their product, how these products fare in terms of insurance and maintenance cost, and the downsides of their craft – they will often say there is the very best. No. Only one of the lots you see in a show could be the best. If you are in a show to buy a boat, take your time to narrow your choice of boat to two or three, from the lot over days, before going for one you fancy most
- Also discuss with other boat owners. A boat show is the best research lab for boaters. Never be in a rush. Speak with a many boat owners as you can, who owns the very type of boat you are interested in, boat before coming to a show, on a boatyard, and in the show.
- Arrange for a test drive, if you find the boat that you are truly interested in.
- Hunt for Boating accessories too for your boat during the show.
Boating Shows to Attend – Venues and Dates
Are you looking to attend a show this year, then check out the dates for a show that will be coming up close to where you live or an international event of your choice. The following are the most sought after boat shows in the world:
Atlanta Boat Show
Jan 14 - 18, 2009
Georgia World Congress Center
The biggest boating show in Georgia, the Atlanta show offers boaters of all ages and passion something to look forward to. There will be chances to win prizes, go on VIP tours, and speak to top boat makers in the US.
Atlantic City International Power Boat Show
Feb 4 - 8 2009
Atlantic City Convention Center
Atlantic City, NJ
Boston Boat Show
2nd to 5th October, 2009
Seaport World Trade Center
Are you a power boat or sailing boat fanatic? This is going to be a real thrill for you. Book your tickets online now, and look for discounts
California (Northern)Boat Show
April 22 - 26, 2009
Pacific Powerboat ExpoJack London Square, Port of Oakland
Cincinnati Boat Show
Jan 16 - 18, and then 21 to 25th January 2009
Cincinnati Convention Center
Detroit Boat Show
February 14-22, 2009
Lots of Show Specials Including 2 for 1 Admission on Weekdays!
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
October 29th to November 2nd, 2009
Bahia Mar Yachting Center
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Miami International Boat Show
February 12-16, 2009
Miami Beach Convention Center
Miami Beach, FL
Norwalk International In-Water Boat Show
September 24-27, 2009
Norwalk Cove Marina
East Norwalk, CT
Paris International Boat Show
04 December 2009 - 13 December 2009
Paris’ Porte de Versailles
Sydney International Boat Show
Aug 2 - 7, 2007
Darling Harbour Exhibition Centre & Cockle Bay Marina
Toronto International Boat Show
Jan 9 - 18, 2009
Direct Energy Centre Exhibition Place
Vancouver International Boat Show
Feb 7 - 11, 2007
BC Place Stadium and
False Creek Yacht Club
Vancouver, British Columbia
Home | Manufacturers | Accessories | Transport | Trailers | Water Sports | Safety
Reviews and Mags | Boats for Sale | Boat Loans | Boat Insurance | Contact Us | Site Map